9 things you need to know before kickoff trekking inside the land of Himalayas.
Nepal is one of the most beautiful counties, blessed by Mother Nature. Nepal is also known as the cheapest travel destination around the globe. Some of the most important point you need to figures out before traveling into the land of Himalayas, which make your odyssey awesome.
- Don’t spend lots on expensive gear in your home country- you might found hundreds of shop inside the touristic town call Thamel, where you can buy authentic branded or quality own label gear with about 50% less cost or equivalent cost in your home countries like USA, UK, and Japan.
- You need to be fit, not superhuman or superman but fit- walking on the high landscape might be top for you on starting first two days. The trials and itinerary of the trekking route are designed for all kinds of trekkers.
- Trekker numbers in the Himalayas explode in March/April and October/November, when the weather is best, but though the trail can feel busy it never feels crowded, so don’t be put off.
- It will be cold at night. You’ll need a four-season sleeping bag and — having gone without one and regretted it — a down jacket. As I found, being too cold for too long can sap your strength.
- Practice using trekking poles (single or a pair), even if you usually walk without them. The descent days are especially tough on the knees, no matter how young you are. Poles really do help.
- On some days, you won’t actually be walking for long — as little as 3-4 hours. Your progress is limited by altitude, not distance, so when you’ve ascended to the safe maximum for a day, you stop. Some days you’ll “walk higher” to assist acclimatization, and then descend again to “sleep lower” at the safe limit. NOTE: walk high sleep low
- You’ll be drinking constantly to mitigate the effects of altitude — four or more liters an on top with soup and tea each day. So yes, you’ll need the toilet all the time. This will mean trees and bushes. You will also need your own supply of toilet paper — allow for twice what you think you might use!
- You may start off wanting to “eat local,” with dal baht and yak curry, but the pizza deserves recognition as a local specialty all its own — especially the yak cheese and pizza on mountain tea house lodge. You will get more calories and energy while having Nepali dal Vath ( Dal Vath Power 24 hours )
- Go with the flow of nature and weather, please don`t be panic with the bad weather and your health issue. Lesson to your body language and negotiate with your guide/tour leader. He will goanna to help you.